Volunteer with Neighborhood Place of Puna
Become a volunteer with NPP!
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Community Events: NPP participates with many community events throughout the year. Tasks include information table set-up and break-down, implementing crafts, games, and/or activities to youth and adults, handing out NPP and other information. Please note most events are on weekends.
- Pre Event Prep: Tasks include preparing (copying, sorting) information, preparing (cutting, copying, sorting, organizing) crafts.
Volunteer and Neighborhood Place of Puna Expectations
Neighborhood Place of Puna expects from its volunteers the following:
- An enthusiastic desire to work with NPP.
- Reliability, punctuality, and all the traits of paid professional employee.
- Positive patterns of behavior, attitudes and emotional maturity
- Leadership ability.
- Acceptance of job responsibility.
- The ability to serve as a positive role model.
A volunteer of Neighborhood Place of Puna can expect from NPP:
- That NPP is mission driven.
- That your work and contribution to NPP will have meaning and impact in the community.
- Respect as an individual and as a staff person.
- Support and encouragement from paid employees.
- Comfort in the work and job assigned.
- To be appreciated for your efforts.
- Provided help to meet your goals.
- Have your achievement recognized.
Donate to NPP
Make a monthly or one-time donation to Neighborhood Place of Puna. Your support helps us to build strong, healthy families in your community.